Application for the
KYE Scholarship Award
The Karen Michelle Young Scholarship was created to perpetuate the memory of Karen Young, a 2005 Bishop Feehan High School graduate who tragically lost her life in Rome, Italy, January 24, 2008.
Karen was a beautiful, selfless, independent person with a flair for fashion, a passion for world travel and a knack for expressing herself in an artistically unique way.
Incoming freshmen at Bishop Feehan High School who are enrolled in Bishop Feehan?s Visual Arts program are eligible to apply.
- August 1, (on line application deadline) for the application and the essay questions
- August 15, finalists will be interviewed beginning August 15th.
- September 1, two freshmen will be awarded a non renewable $1000 scholarship to be applied toward tuition at Bishop Feehan High School for the 2009 /2010 school year.
- September 28, the recipients will be introduced at the annual fund raising golf tournament on September 28th at Norton Country Club.
Limit yourself to 300 words per answer
- Describe a character in fiction, a historical figure, or a creative work (as in art, music, science, etc.) that has had an influence on you, and explain that influence.
- Discuss a special attribute or accomplishment that makes you the best candidate to receive this award?
- Who is eligible?
- Members of the incoming freshman class at Bishop Feehan High School.
- What is perpetuity?
- The KYE Scholarship is awarded in perpetuity. This means you will receive the scholarship every year while you are in attendance.
- When will the winner be announced?
- Each year we host a golf tournament which is followed by an awards dinner where the announcement will happen.
- Who determines the winner?
- Family and friends of Karen Young who support the organization year round.